Monday, October 26, 2009

Crafty.

I confess. It has always been my secret desire to have one of those big wooden signs that has my last name on it hanging up in my home.
You know, the ones you see in all the cheesy LDS homes.
Since I had no idea where to find one of these for my own, I improvised:

Thank you Michael's.
Luckily I have a husband who is more into doing crafts than watching sports, and so we created it together.
Here is the process. It took much longer than the few seconds it takes you to scroll through these.
Step 1. Assemble pieces, letters, and q-tips (our "paintbrushes"). Lay down lots of newspaper.
(Mostly for me...)

 It looks like he is very angrily clutching this paint, but in reality what is happening is that he is furiously shaking the bottle up. He was waaay into it.

Step 2: Paint.

Step 3: Paint some more.

Step 4: Paint some more.

Step 5: Finish painting.

Step 6: Attach hot pink ribbons.
In case you're wondering, Seth painted SIR and I painted WON.

Step 7: Hang up.

Step 8: Enjoy "Shrine to Ourselves" - as Seth so nicely named this wall.
That's a wedding picture and our marriage certificate from the temple also shown.

We are so crafty.

4 comments:

  1. This is so ME! Is this secretly a Christmas present for me? I absolutely love it!

    (Seth, these are the colors I wanted to paint your handmade clock but you wouldn't let me.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admitt you won't find anything in that color scheme at Deseret Book! Very cute, way to improvise :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool!! I've always wanted to paint letters like that for my kids' bedrooms someday with their names, but doing 'Evans' would be awesome! However, upon looking at your amazing creation, Jared and I both vocalized how ours would not come out looking even half as cool as yours. I can see us giving up and painting them solid colors haha. I love the Janette and Seth shrine! :)

    ReplyDelete