Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Playing the Air Guitar.

Seth once told me that he had to learn how to play the air guitar.
I find this concept extremely hilarious. I didn't realize you had to learn how to play air guitar.
He assures me you do.
He says he learned it by playing Guitar Hero.
So see, video games ARE educational!

Anyway, now that he's finally mastered this skill, he is quite good at it.
My favorite thing to do is blast Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" in the car and watch Seth go crazy. He does it all: the intense air guitar-ing, singing (with great accuracy) the low and high notes, the head banging a la Wayne's World.
It's great stuff.

My other favorite song to put on around Seth is "It's A Jolly Holiday with Mary" from Mary Poppins. He can imitate the animal's parts to perfection.

Lest you think I'm only going to make fun of Seth in this post, I'll have you know I used to look at the word guitar and think it was pronounced "gwee-ter." In my mind this was a different word from guitar.
It took me years to figure it out.

3 comments:

  1. Becky loves putting on Come Sail Away by Styx to watch me sing and air guitar along with it.

    And yes, it is a skill. And an art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gwee-ter---haha we can add it to the Toolson dictionary of mispronounced words.

    Also Lean-grrr-ree (lingerie)

    Buh-bell (Babel)

    Fle-gem (phlgem)

    What else is there ... There's so many good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kinda like me with arkansaw and ar-kansas.

    ReplyDelete