Thursday, December 31, 2009

Differences

The longer I'm married to Seth the more I realize how different we are.
Especially when it comes to our family habits.

Take the bathroom, for instance.
I never realized this growing up, but none of the bathroom door locks have ever worked in my houses. Not in Virginia or Arizona.
So the standard rule in my house is, if the bathroom door is shut, knock first because chances are someone is in there. If it's open, you may enter.
Seth's bathroom doors always locked. You just walked in. The only reason you couldn't get in was if the door was locked. When Seth first started visiting at my houses, he lived in constant fear that one of my family members would walk in on him because he couldn't lock the bathroom door.
He complained about this to me today. I hadn't even realized it was a problem. I laughed at him.

And I know it's weird to talk about bathrooms. My sister Katie just informed me of this obvious fact.

I have about a million pictures and a million stories of our Christmas Break so far but I think I'll end this post with just a hint of what's to come.






You'll probably be hearing stories about our break for the next month or so. . . .

3 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite posts, pretty much ever! I'd never thought about that before..how different every family is about bathrooms. And a lot of things. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness we always have extra TP in our bathroom--now that would be "bummer" if we didn't

    ReplyDelete