Monday, March 8, 2010

Living with a Female

*Warning - This may be funny only to me.* 

Do you know what Seth said to me the other day?

He said, "What's this biscuit for?"

He was talking about the bun in my hair. It took me a while to figure this out. It also took him a while to figure out that you can't interchange different words for "bun." He is still puzzling over it.

We've had many experiences like this, where I suddenly realize that Seth has never really lived with a female before. Oh sure, he had his mother and his younger sister, but she was 12 when Seth left for his mission and then college. So really, he has no experience.

Yesterday when I was using my eyelash curler he walked into the bedroom, saw me, and promptly freaked out. "What kind of torture device is that!?! Stop It! Stop! You're going to rip your eye out!" 
I just stared at him, I think with a look that can only be described as incredulous.
His freaking out did not stop me from curling my eyelashes so he resorted to staring, eyes huge, mouth wide open, at me from over my shoulder while I finished. 

He also assumes this pose when I put on mascara. He's watched me do it at least 100 times and still he ponders out loud, "How do you keep from poking yourself in the eye?"

He's fascinated by my toe separators that I use to paint my toenails. 
He doesn't know how to put on chapstick.
He asks me every single time I choose to wear high heels, why? What are they for?
He didn't know what runs in pantyhose looked like, or even what they were.

Did I mention he has 4 brothers?


The women in Seth's life.

4 comments:

  1. That fat red tummy you see in the picture is now mostly gone, it contained the 10 pounds I have recently lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, I have had several similar experiences. Adam also thinks my eyelash curler looks like a torture device. Luckily, I am usually too lazy to curl my eyelashes, so it doesn't come up very often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you recall the time his hair got straightened? And the faces he made? Good times:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janette, I think this may be the funniest post in the history of posts. Absolutely amazing. If you are ever upset with your husband I hope you just read through your old blogs and smile! :)

    ReplyDelete