Wednesday, October 27, 2010

5 Years Later

As part of my High School Senior English Project I had to ask people a series of questions about myself and record their responses. (This was probably my favorite project because it centered around my favorite subject - me.) One of my questions was, "What do you see me doing in 5 years?"

It has now been 5 years since I asked the question and I thought you might find it amusing what my family and friends thought I would be up to at this moment in time. Although I guess technically it would be May of this year, not October. Close enough.
Also, I just have to say that I remember working on this assignment and thinking 5 years was such a long way off. My, how the years have flown by.

What do you see me doing in 5 years?
Mom: Finishing college or beginning masters, married, pregnant with first child
Step-Dad: Graduated from college
Dad: Probably your last year of college; you've changed degrees a couple of times, but you're finally excited about what you're majoring in and you're now thinking of graduate school. You have a serious boyfriend and are thinking about getting married after you graduate.
Sister Michelle: At college working your butt off, but with a Mr. Hunk boyfriend on the side.
Sister Amanda: A famous artist who has just has some art piece put in the Met, with a hottie RM who will ask you to marry him
Friend Laura: Makin' babies. Just kidding. Seriously...taking over the world.
Friend Janell: Probably a newlywed (married within the past 2ish years) working a part time job with your little starter house
Friend Katie: Married with 3 kids. Ha!

Hmm...both my parents said I'd be going to graduate school. Sorry to disappoint, parents.
Also, I definitely lucked out and got a hottie Mr. Hunk RM to marry.
Also, no babies.
Yet.

5 comments:

  1. But are you taking over the world??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your friend Janell got the closest. Does she get a prize?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is quite the ominous "yet" at the end there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait . . . am I the Katie who said married with 3 kids? Seriously, what was I high on?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES! I want my prize. Where is it???

    ReplyDelete