Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Babysitting

Today Seth and I had the privilege of babysitting our niece and nephew while their parents were out of town. We picked them up at 8:30 this morning and spent the whole day watching them.
It was quite the adventure.
I can't say what the first couple of hours looked like, since I actually had an interpreting assignment this morning and had to leave as soon as we got to our place with them. But when I came back the apartment was a lot messier than it was when I left.
But look how cute!
So then we decided to take them on a walk around the lake by our house. We'd take them to feed the ducks. It would be so cute!
Only, the walk was a lot longer than Seth and I were expecting, and the ducks turned out to be 30 or 40 food-crazy geese that almost made me a widow when Seth decided to do a "trial run" before handing the bread over to the children. 
As Seth said, "I've never experienced an adrenaline rush while feeding the ducks before."
Needless to say, the long walk we forced the children to go on was not rewarded with getting to feed the ducks, a fact none of us were very happy about.
But look how cute!
We had lunch and headed over to Seth's parent's house since we needed a place for T to take his nap and they would be staying there overnight anyway.
And even though we only had one child to look after for most of the afternoon, by the end of the night Seth and I were like this:
Yikes.
I can't decide whether babysitting your niece and nephew for a whole day is the BEST or WORST birth control ever.
Because, look how cute!

2 comments:

  1. haha we know EXACTLY what you mean...

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those toys...I remember most of them, and probably played with them more than he did.

    ReplyDelete