Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Dreams

Last night I dreamed that a job assignment for a teacher at a middle school was given to me.
I arrived at the school to find that there was no Deaf person to interpret for. Instead, the teacher wanted me to perform an interpretive dance for one of her lessons. Apparently interpreter and interpretive dancer were equal in her eyes.
I became incensed and said Heck no! That's not what I do! and walked out in a huff. I also recall leaving a note with the principal about what a stupid teacher he employed.
Then I woke up all angry.

Luckily this was in the middle of the night so I fell back asleep and forgot to be angry when I woke up for real.
This happens often (waking up angry, not dreaming about interpretive dancing) and poor Seth has often born the brunt of my dream-emotions. Since I rarely remember my dreams it takes me a while to realize that the anger I'm feeling is not the result of anything that happened in real life. I find these situations amusing. Seth does not.

It's a wonder he still likes being married to me.

One time (actually, several times) he dreamed that the two of us were International spies, but I was a double agent and he had to capture me and kill me. He said it was a very thrilling dream and he was not the least bit sorry about doing his spy duties.

I don't feel so bad for him when I remember this.

2 comments:

  1. Wayne and I were thinking of asking you to do an interpretive dance at our next family dinner. Okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a dream about you a couple days ago and I was extremely angry with you. I needed your help with something and you refused because you thought I didn't deserve your help or you didn't think what I was doing was good or something. I don't remember exactly. I just remember I was really angry with you when I woke up, and I was going to text you because it reminded me of the time you were angry all day with me and then realized it was because of a dream you had had about me.

    ReplyDelete