Friday, July 15, 2011

The Babe with the Power

I suppose if you are ever on facebook you will have noticed that our family has peppered the internets with pictures and announcements of the birth of Tessa.
But I'm her mother, which means mine is the official announcement. (Right?)
Born 7-13-11
10:21 pm
7 pounds 9 ounces
20.5 inches long
Prettiest baby ever.
It looks like we're yelling at each other but we're not.
That'll come when she's a teenager.
With her Grandma and namesake.

Thanks for all the well wishes/congratulations/compliments/prayers for me during my 30-hour labor.
Yes. 30 hours.
Stay tuned for that story.

(Don't worry, it won't be gross. After all, my Dad reads my blog.)

8 comments:

  1. Super Wonderful! You need to update you and Seth from 'to-be's' to 'bona fides!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Janette, she IS the most beautiful little baby girl I've ever seen! What a sweet little angel. I'm so happy for you! (And i'm also happy that you have that 30 hours of labor behind you...crazy! You go girl). Again, Tessa is so adorable. :) Yay for a new addition to your already amazing family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janette! You are a mom! Congrats on how incredibly cute she is and giving her a great name. I hope you guys are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is SO incredibly cute. And thank you for not naming her something weird. Congrats, and let me know when you're in Richmond so I can meet her (and Seth, since I don't think I've ever met him, either)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Janette and Seth! Also, just in case you were interested, if you and Amanda had married identical twins your babies would be genetically siblings. Or something like that. I researched this this summer during a weird discussion at work. Anyway, so I'm waiting to see if your babies look like they are slightly closer genetically than 1st cousins, like, half-cousins. I'll let you know the verdict.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! She is a beautiful baby, and hopefully a good one so you have some hope of recovering from your 30 hour labor before she starts kindergarten!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos! She is beautiful. We are excited to come and see her...

    ReplyDelete