Friday, May 11, 2012

We made it

But just barely.
I NEVER WANT TO MOVE AGAIN.
Here are some of the highlights:
-Unloading in the pouring rain
-Not getting the water turned on until the morning after we moved in
-Still not having the hot water on (It's gas, which I didn't realize so we didn't call about it until yesterday and they can't come until Monday. MONDAY.)
-Rental company not telling me that they need a money order for the first month's rent. Having to drive around looking for a place to get a money order in an unfamiliar town without a gps. Making the movers wait an hour while I figured this out.
-T needed to be held practically all day. She doesn't like moving either.
-3 hours of sleep for Seth and I. Only 7 hours total for Seth thanks to an all-nighter to finish his school project the day before.
-Thanks to the stress/lack of sleep/copious amounts of fast food I am sick sick sick and spent yesterday sleeping instead of unpacking.
Here are some of the real highlights:
-Hiring professional movers. BEST DECISION EVER. I am never moving my boxes/furniture myself again.
-The space. Oh, the space. The garage.
-There is a Food Lion only 5 minutes from our house and it is new and really classy and I am probably more excited about this than what is considered normal or appropriate.
-The space!
-If I have mail to send I can put it in my mailbox with the flag up instead of having to drive to the post office since there was not outgoing mail at our old apartment
-Have I mentioned how much more space I have now? It is marvelous.

I'll post pictures of our house later.

3 comments:

  1. haha, the food lion excitement. that made me laugh. i discovered food 4 less (like a costco minus the expensive membership--its like a poor asylum) today so I can understand this kind of excitement. on a serious note, I am very sorry, sounds like its been really rough.

    send me your new address!

    ReplyDelete