Monday, July 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Seth!

Yesterday Seth turned 27. We spent the whole day up in Raleigh so we did most of our celebrating on Saturday. We did whatever he wanted (read: eating, playing video games, and taking a trip to Home Depot.)
In honor of Seth's birthday, here are 10 things that maybe you don't know about him.

1. Everyone thought he was a stoner in high school because instead of paying attention during class he was either finishing up his homework for the next period or sleeping. Everyone was very surprised to learn that he made straight A's. (I know. It irks me too.)

2. To go along with the sleeping in class story, he perfected the art of sleeping while sitting up and not bobbing his head. He also had a mini pillow that he would pull out and use all the time during class. I believe during one class it even progressed to him pushing some desks together so he could sleep on the chairs, using his mini pillow and his coat for a blanket. The teacher finally called him on that last one.

3. He was on a rock climbing team when he was a teenager and once scaled a wall using only his arms. 

4. He likes to know how things work (everyone who reads this blog should know this). On his mission, since he didn't have access to the internet, he kept a little notebook full of things he wanted to look up once he got back. The only one I remember is "how do the nozzles on gas pumps know when to stop."

5. One of his favorite movies is The Labyrinth. I have watched it twice with him and I will never get those hours back.

6. He does not know how to read music.

7. His friends tease him that he was born with tennis shoes on because he almost never walks around barefoot or even in flip-flops.

8. He is really cheap. On our second date he took me to Subway. I didn't find out till later that he thought he was taking me to a classy joint. He didn't find out till later that I was about as impressed as if he'd taken me to McDonald's and told me to order off the dollar menu.

9. His nickname is "Ol' Snake Eyes." Yes, his friends actually do use this name for him. No, there is no story to it. Unless of course you count Seth wanting a nickname and his friends coming up with "Ol' Snake Eyes" as the story, which totally breaks all the rules of nick-naming, in my opinion.

10. He thinks it's hilarious to use text speech in real life. (Or "IRL" as Seth would say, before giggling to himself.) Which is ironic, because he never uses abbreviations when he actually texts. His favorite thing to say is "b-t-dubs" (as in btw, as in by the way) because it is an abbreviation of an abbreviation.
Happy Birthday Seth! I love you!

3 comments:

  1. Ok This is hilarious. Or maybe I'm just really tired. Stuart uses "text speech" too. His favorite in JIC - just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way--its late at night and I totally laughed the whole way through. definitely stuff I hadn't heard before.

    ReplyDelete