Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sibling Rivalry

All throughout my pregnancy people kept asking me how T was going to deal with the new baby.
That's because most people that know T know that while she enjoys playing with other little children, she enjoys going home alone with her parents a little more. She'd be quite all right as an only child.
So you can imagine I was worried.

It kind of went like this:
1st day: LOVED her.
She was doing this nervous/excited laugh all day.
2nd day: Confused by why she wasn't leaving with the other family visitors
3rd day: Very clingy towards Seth and I/mean to H
1 week: Nice to H/only sometimes mean (aka normal sibling relationship)

She gives her kisses, rubs her head, offers her food and drink and toys, and gets excited when H wiggles and opens her eyes.
(That would be 1 half-eaten graham cracker, a few Connect-4 pieces, Uno, and Bohnanza. Right after I took this she also lovingly placed a book and the camera in her lap.)
However she also seems to want to sit in my lap only when I am holding H and she has smacked her on the head/pinched her face/poked her in the eye more than a few times.
I think it's the start of a beautiful relationship.

3 comments:

  1. Sound about right. When Beckyfirst had Mads, Kylie was the same ( although she would head butt Mads, too. Something her Aunt Kelsey taught her. It was not good.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her little giggle! They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha. aww. now you understand my relationship with you. haha. it was something quite similar when we were younger too, if I recall.

    ReplyDelete