Tuesday, February 19, 2013

You

T thinks her name is "you."
And it's my fault.
I didn't realize it was not a good idea to always say "Look! It's you!" when we looked in the mirror or at pictures of her.
And now when I ask her what her name is, her response is "you" and all I hear all day is T chanting "you, you, you, you" because she wants to look at photos of herself.
So mothers of young children, learn from my mistake or you will be spending weeks and weeks undoing the damage like I currently am.

5 comments:

  1. This is so funny! I was talking to David about this just this morning! He keeps calling the baby 'Sir' and I told him Elijah was going to grow up thinking his name was 'Sir.' Now I can use you as a real life example so he'll believe me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. B still calls herself Mama. Today I started patting myself and saying Brooklyn instead of Mama and she looked very confused for a second and then patted her tummy and said something along the lines of "Duke". haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha. Yeah, Kylie would do that, or call other people I instead of you. Got to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I seriously just laughed out loud. I will have to remember this! Hope you guys are doing well! Oh and we're in White Lake now which is in your stake because it's the Lumberton Branch. You guys should come visit!

    ReplyDelete