Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Halloween!

Because two posts about it are not enough.

I made the mistake of not putting away T's candy after we dumped it all over the table last night and had the following conversation at 7:30 this morning.

T: *gasps* Candy! I want candy!
J: No, we have to eat breakfast first. Do you want pancakes?
T: No.
J: Do you want eggs and toast?
T: No.
J: Cereal? Bread?
T: No.
J: So you don't want to eat anything for breakfast then.
T: No, I want candy.
J: Well you can't have candy for breakfast
T: *fake crying* Mom I'm crying.
J:
T: Because I want candy.
J: Nope. Pancakes?
T: Ok...... I'm going to cry. *more fake crying*

So that was fun.
We had our ward Trunk-or-Treat on October 30th where T got plenty of candy, so I considered my work pretty much done. Unfortunately I didn't convey this attitude to Seth, so he made the mistake of hyping up more trick-or-treating on Halloween morning before he left for work.
T then wore me down by asking all day long if we were "going to the Halloween", so I finally consented to help Seth take her around our neighborhood.
The other reason (besides my laziness) I didn't want to do it is there are very few children in our neighborhood and therefore very few people willing to hand out candy. We were gone for about 45 minutes and in that time only managed to find 4 houses with their lights on that answered our knock. (And each time T would yell "I say trick-or-treat!" Hopefully by next year she'll have learned to omit those first 2 words.)

We did keep our lights on and handed out candy to the 3 or 4 groups that came, but it was only the reject candy we had taken from T's bowl, so...... not really sure if that's better than not handing anything out at all.
I had to put the girl's costumes on again for a 3rd time for their music class this morning and by then I no longer thought dressing them up was adorable.
On to the next holiday!

5 comments:

  1. Oh the candy. I told Jilly she couldn't have any til after lunch so the smart girl started begging for lunch at 9:15am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. B asked me for candy and I said no, so she went and found Grandma and asked her instead. She's figured out the system already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a mean mom and made my children pay 10 % of their candy to the bishop. (He was the kind of bishop who had a candy jar in his office and gave candy to people when they came, so he appreciated the donations.) That was a great way to get rid of some of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. did I tell you that all weekend dad and Amanda were laughing about Tessa narrating herself "Mom, I'm crying" haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, they are adorable in their costumes!

    ReplyDelete