Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Christmas Vacation: San Diego

We rented a car and drove out to San Diego to visit my Grandpa for a couple days before flying home. He just turned 89.
By this point the girls were tired of getting their picture taken, and after showing this shot to him, my Grandpa refused to smile in any more pictures because he thought it made it look like he had dentures. (He does not.)
So in spite of this picture, I think he actually was glad to see us. He also spent quite a bit of time trying to convince us that we should name our next child "Sacagawea."
Seth was all for it.
I was not.
We went to El Indio, a delicious Mexican restaurant, with my Aunt Marla and Uncle Tom. I believe I've eaten there during almost every visit to San Diego and it was just as tasty this go round.
And naturally, the girls loved it as well.
We also took them to see the San Diego temple...
and to Balboa Park to ride the Carousel....
and to ride the Train.
We also saw some of our good friends from our college days (Eek! - I feel old.) We really wish you guys would just move to North Carolina already.
We had a lovely time and after spending two weeks in Arizona and California and then coming back to freezing temperatures, I am now busy trying to convince Seth that our next move should be out West.

2 comments:

  1. The San Diego temple is the very coolest one! It looks very space-age to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww balboa park was a good choice! amazingly good pictures with grandpa too.

    ReplyDelete