Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Maymont

We went up to Richmond last weekend to see family and took the girls to Maymont Park while we were there.
Maymont is a big public park with lots of nice trails and a farmhouse and barn animals and also some bears and foxes and birds to see. It's a pretty sweet little park.
The girls loved it and Seth and I loved having extra people around to tend to them.
All the pictures I have of my Dad on this outing are of him 10 feet in front of me.
If you've ever been on a trip with my Dad, this should not surprise you.
The only exception is this one. Wait for it....
 We found this big old tree next to a little creek.
The girls (and Seth) loved playing in it.
H had to ride around in the stroller and get carried by everyone, so naturally she was exhausted by the end of the day.
Four years of going up to Richmond for visits and this is the first time we've gone to Maymont. Ridiculous. It won't be the last.

5 comments:

  1. I love the pic of your family at the end! You guys are so cute. What a pretty place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Besides your dad creeping in the background this picture makes me laugh because of Tessa's grimace. You're making her participate in nature. #badparenting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. She actually did like sitting in that tree. That face is unfortunately what she does when we tell her to smile. We're working on it...

      Delete
  3. I didn't even notice dad at all until the comments. I love your blog! It makes me laugh and I love seeing and hearing about my nieces when I just don't get to see them that much. That last picture is a REALLY good picture of your family! And I just love the picture of H being carried by P. I'm pretty impressed by P's participation with helping out.

    ReplyDelete