Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Strawberry Picking

Three years ago I wrote about how Seth and I went strawberry picking when I was 8 months pregnant with T.
What I did not tell you was that Seth and I WAY overestimated how many strawberries we'd need and therefore ended up with about 27 jars of strawberry jam.
My freezer was full and we would be consuming it for a long time to come. I knew it would be years before we had to restock.
Anyway, this past winter we finally ate it all up and so a trip to go strawberry picking was planned.
This time we had two little girls in tow and they were d-o-n-e after approximately 5 minutes of picking and therefore we ended up with about 9 jars of strawberry jam. Much more manageable.
H particularly delighted in squeezing the strawberries and had very sticky hands.
And both girls liked running up and down the rows and holding the basket.
We are all glad to have our freezer full of jam again!

3 comments:

  1. I love these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Berry picking and homemade jam sounds amazing. I want some. Haha. Also, just because I can never say it too much, your girls are adorable.

    ReplyDelete