Thursday, August 21, 2014

Gatlinburg Trip: Part 1

Two weeks ago Seth and I took the girls to meet up with my Dad for a weekend in Tennessee.
If you're wondering, this is how Seth normally does the Smoky Mountains:
This is how me and my family do it:
What can I say? We like our A/C. And our mattresses. And our indoor plumbing. And not camping, because blech.
Seth told me his goal was to get off of pavement for some of our trip and we obliged him by spending a day in Smoky Mountains National Park and seeing Mingus Mill and the Mountain Farm Museum.
He is trying to indoctrinate T into his nature loving ways, but the Toolson is strong in that one.
This is up where they diverted the water for the mill from the stream.
At the Farm Museum. They chased a chicken under this house.
We also went to Clingman's Dome, which is the highest point in the National Park, and it theoretically has some great views. This is another picture from our camping trip 4 years ago. See what the view is supposed to look like?
The day we went, it looked like this. We were literally inside a cloud for most of the hike. So much for the views.
And of course, it cleared up after we left and went to eat lunch at Newfound Gap. Here's T and her Grandad at the top of the monument there. Can you see them?
And here's H trying to climb said monument.
H actually enjoyed the hike up to Clingman's Dome and being outside. She may be Seth's only hope for a family member that likes camping. T mostly sat in the stroller and refused to get out.
Four years ago.
Two weeks ago.
More details of our thrilling trip coming soon!

4 comments:

  1. I have to say "I told you so" to Seth, since he always said he was going to marry a girl who loved camping and I said there was NO WAY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the difference. Haha. And as always, your daughters are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I laughed out loud when you transitioned to the large cabin with dad standing front and center on the stairs. heck yah to the toolsons staying comfortable

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm staying in a nice condo in September when I'm out there for the car shows. I guess I'm getting old and like a mattress myself.

    ReplyDelete