Tuesday, November 4, 2014

A Giant Halloween Post

So my girls, along with 90% of the rest of the little girl population, went as Elsa and Anna from Frozen.
And I do not care if we were unoriginal because they LOVED it. T basically wore her costume for three days straight.
But not even Frozen costumes can top their love for CANDY.
They got to go trick-or-treating with their cousins in Raleigh and had a blast, even if we did slow them down a bit. I think someone told Tessa to make a scary face here....
We also took the girls out to a pumpkin patch and found pumpkins small enough for the girls to carry themselves.
Although eventually we had to just take Hailey's pumpkin away because she kept throwing it on the ground, and we were afraid it would explode.
The girls painted their little pumpkins and loved it.
I think they turned out pretty well. I painted mine too, since pumpkin guts=gross.
Seth insisted on getting a big pumpkin to carve though, which Hailey happily assisted him with.
We asked T if she'd like to help out and her response was "No. FOREVER NO!" So....yeah. I guess my influential opinions are "ruining her childhood" as Seth puts it.
But I think she still got into the spirit of Halloween, as evidenced by the creepy face she painted on the backside of her pumpkin.
The girls got massive amounts of candy, so Seth and I have been doing our best to help them eat it all. We are excellent parents.
But honestly, I will be glad when it's gone so that I don't have to explain every single morning why they cannot have candy for breakfast.
Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

  1. Your girls are adorable in their costumes. And I love the pumpkins (I prefer carving, but your painted ones are pretty awesome, too). Yay! for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the smiles and H's laughter. Their costumes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post! Their smiles are contagious. Loved all the pictures and especially loved the video of H laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! You do have a splendid halloween celebration in your place.Lovely colors and designs. We don't have like that.

    ReplyDelete