Thursday, October 1, 2009

Clever Boy

This morning at 7am when we woke up it was raining.

As usual, Seth was late leaving for class. Except this morning he was even more late.

This is because of his dilemma of biking to class in the rain. (and I'm not talking about his body getting wet) His solution? He took one of our garbage bags and wrapped his backpack up in it. I came out into the living room to find him struggling to puncture arm holes through the bag.

I don't know if it was the little amount of sleep I had, the fact that I had never before seen someone do this, or his indignation when I started laughing at him, but laugh I did. The whole scene was hilarious to me.
Naturally I grabbed our camera which was sitting so conveniently on the coffee table.

Now, Seth rarely shows the slightest bit of annoyance at the irritating things I do (and I assure you, there are many), but this morning he was quite obstinate about me taking pictures of his garbage-bag shield, as it was making him late.
"I don't see what's so funny about protecting my backpack from the wet."
Yes. That is a direct quote. But persevere I did (and truth be told, the whole situation was even funnier to me because of his annoyance) and I got my blessed pictures.

This is after successfully getting his arms through the trash bag holes he created.


He stopped for about a millisecond on his way out the door so that I could get a picture of the back.

I'd also just like to point out that I did not make him late.
He was already late, I just made him more late.

What a clever husband I have.

4 comments:

  1. One thing I love about Winsor males is that they have NO FEAR of looking ridiculous. Seriously I worry about how ridiculous I look all the time. Isaac, never.

    Also incredibly forgiving.

    I love watching you two. You remind me of Isaac and me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to side with Seth--he was being clever--why did you drive him to school in your nice warm, dry car?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's why didn't--emphasis on the n't

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry lady, it would have been funny no matter what time of day. I started giggling the moment you said "trash bag" and will probably still be giggling when I wake up in the morning.

    ReplyDelete