Thursday, November 5, 2009

Names

It is a well known fact in Seth's family that he would one day name his future children "Toast" and "Bucket."

Then I came along and married him. I am still in the process of trying to uproot this plan.
Because over my dead body are my children going to be named Toast and Bucket. (And I use the term "named" loosely, as these are not names, they are nouns.)

A few Sundays ago during Sacrament meeting Seth had fun drawing the ugliest babies ever and pairing them with equally ugly names. Then he would write "our baby" next to them. One of them had lobster claws. One had an onion head. You get the idea.

Anyway, in addition to Toast and Bucket, these are some of the names he came up with during church as well as a few others he plans on saddling our future children with:

Pugsly
Frankensauce
Chuck
Hoobens Bueno
Abdullah Abdullah
Milton
Gunderson

There are more but I don't remember them  now. They're equally horrid.
And what does Seth think about all this?
"I don't know why it fills me with so much pleasure to choose such wonderful names."
I wrote that down last night after he came up with "Milton."


P.S. Please do NOT assume this post was because I am pregnant or anywhere even remotely close to that. I know there were some of you... 

6 comments:

  1. Haha! This totally reminds me of a family in our ward. Jared and I were reading their blog the other day and just about died. They have three children and have one more on the way, so they decided it would be fun to see what names their children thought of as possibilites for the new baby. Here are just a few of the really great ones:


    Whitey the Flier
    Matcho-Spatcho
    Halloween
    Star Wars
    Was
    Han Solo
    Hero
    Pee
    Wattles

    These names were given by a two year old and a four year old, but still, hilarious! The four year old is obsessed with Star Wars. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I put that on there because I automatically think of Chuck E. Cheese or Chucky, that creepy doll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. I thought it was bad when Brett talked about naming our kids first and middle names after his favorite sports people, but I think Seth has him beat with these names.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately, I don't think it really matters what you name them, the Winsor family will still probably call them Toast and Bucket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michael Jackson's youngest son is named Bucket. Don't you want to be like the King of Pop?

    ReplyDelete