Monday, November 9, 2009

The Mouse Finale

The exciting finale of our mouse tale!
Actually it kind of sucks, in my opinion.

So Seth put out some crumbs to make sure there weren't any other little mice scavenging for food in our cupboards.
They were gone in the morning.
So I finally allowed him to go buy a snapping trap.

Unfortunately he set it up at night when we were both home and doing homework. It was very, very quiet.
So we clearly heard the trap snap shut.
And then we heard the little mouse squeeking in pain.
It didn't kill it on impact.
This is about where I started envisioning the mouse and gagging to myself.
Seth went to go get it an hour later and it was still struggling.
I said no more snapping traps. Or at least to set them up and get rid of them while I was out of the house at school.

He put out some more crumbs but they haven't been touched in days so we're hoping that this is finally the end.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry it didn't kill the poor mouse on impact. I have never actually been there when the trap closed, so I always assumed they usually got killed on impact. I was in a lab once where several times I was able to observe what is called a "cervical dislocation". I didn't want to do it then, and it still doesn't sound fun now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe the mice just got smart again and learned not to go in. your first mouse was smart and they use them in labs. I need seth here now. we got a mouse infestation in our place and theres holes in the walls. cause this place is so ghetto.

    ReplyDelete