Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Disgusting

I started complaining to Seth the other day about how everyone in our family thinks our icy door is disgusting.
"But you said it was disgusting...." he said. "You posted it on our blog for everyone to see."
Irrelevant, I thought. I did not voice this out loud.
"Yes, but I don't want everyone else thinking it's disgusting."
Confusion mounting, he said "But you do think it's disgusting. Why did you tell everyone it's disgusting if you don't want them to think it's disgusting?"
"I just don't want them to think I live in a disgusting house."
"But we do..."
I could write more of this conversation but let's just say that Seth still has no idea how my brain works and I remain satisfied with my impeccable logic.

Let's not count how many times I used the word "disgusting."

For the record, we fixed the icy door the day I wrote that post. We put some rolled up towels down outside the door.
And voila! No more ice.
I know. Ingenious.

And my house is not disgusting.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Janette, you don't live in a disgusting house, just a very old one. It's one of those houses that you can tell great stories to your kids about one day when you reminisce being poor newlywed students.

    Don't feel bad about the ice, we are lucky enough to have a storm door, but apparently it doesn't really shut all the way and we always have a snow drift between it and the real door. Just the joys of Low-rent housing right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. You live in a disgusting house. I haven't even seen it and I can confirm that. Just as I can guarantee I live in a disgusting apartment.


    Too bad. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang I was gonna say actually yes your house is disgusting, but Michelle beat me to it. Imagine that Michelle comes up with a sarcastic comment before I do... But all newlyweds live in a disgusting house. Our linoleum bathroom walls are peeling. And so is the floor. And I live with Stuart... that's gross no matter where we are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the support of your siblings--so kind

    ReplyDelete