Sunday, December 20, 2009

Stories for You

Last night Seth, David and I went to In-N-Out. My mother and Jim were at a Christmas party, Katie was babysitting. It was just me and the boys. They had the following conversation:
D: Hey, which do you like better, Mario or Zelda?
S: Oh... that's a tough decision.
Me: You are nerds. (This was preceded by an eye roll)
S: This is a hard choice!
David concurred.
Me: I've never even played Zelda, so I would pick Mario.
They stared at me in shock. NEVER PLAYED ZELDA! What kind of life are you leading!?
I'm pretty sure that's what was going through their heads. They were so disappointed in me, and I couldn't have cared less.

Seth almost had to destroy his old and terrible suitcase. It is huge and hard plastic and there is a 3 digit lock on it. I think his mother bought it for him at a garage sale. He's never used the lock before but when we got here he discovered that somehow it had locked. We think the airline people probably messed with it. Unfortunately Seth had no idea what the code was and so he was thinking he would have to break it open just so he could get his things.
But, I "married a genius", as Katie said after she discovered his method for opening the suitcase without destroying it (and I heartily concur). He figured out what numbers on the wheel were flat-sided instead of rounded, and then he knew the code was the opposite of that.
That's the best explanation I have for you, and as I'm still not really sure exactly how he did it. He is a genius.

Seth lost his boarding pass in the airport. Luckily, it was after we had already gone through security so he just went and asked the desk people to print him a new one. This meant that we were last in line, and since we were on Southwest (they have an open seating policy) I was afraid we wouldn't be able to sit together. But the flight wasn't full and there were some seats together at the very back of the plane. So it all worked out.
He found his boarding pass during flight when he reached into his backpack to get something.

Church is in one hour and I have not showered yet. I'd better go.

It is so warm here! Efforts to convince Seth to move to Arizona have been forcefully renewed.

1 comment:

  1. I'm pleased that "He is a genius" is immediately followed by "Seth lost his boarding pass"...

    ReplyDelete