Saturday, June 5, 2010

Infestation

Seth and I love our new apartment.
It's big, it has a dishwasher, it has carpet that I don't mind walking around on barefoot. 
There's only one problem.
These:
Earwigs.
Apparently they love our apartment as much as we do because we've been finding up to 7 or 8 a day.

Despite the fact that they are harmless and don't spread diseases, they are so creepy to look at!
And so I make Seth dispose of all of them. 
One day he decided to start collecting them in a little ziploc bag. He got up to about 7.
Then we left for Virginia to visit for a few days. We got back late last night.
And now Seth has just informed me that the earwigs ate through the plastic bag while we were gone and are free in our apartment once again.
Great.
I put my flip-flops back on just in case...

4 comments:

  1. This house has earwigs like crazy too, so we have a pest service that comes every 3 months. The timing is perfect, because we start seeing a bunch just before the pest service comes again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bugs are one of the worst! I brought home a couple bags of apricots from my in-laws tree a few summers ago and apparently those critters quite enjoy apricots! I had to dispose of far more than a person should have to deal with in a lifetime! So gross, I'm so with you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl please haha.
    I just was researching on how to get rid of the earwigs that are INFESTING my apartment and your blog came up haha. I was hoping to find a cure, all I found was myself getting creeped out that they had eatin through the pastic bag. GAG!

    So far we have been through THREE bug killers and none have worked on these little nasty things! If you find anything let me know haha;)

    ReplyDelete