Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Happy Halloween

Yes. I know it's November 9 and Halloween was over a week ago.
Does this mean Seth and I were rather apathetic about celebrating Halloween this year?
Let's look at the facts.

Fact #1: I am writing this post over a week late. Not because I haven't had time, or I didn't think of it until just now. I just didn't care to until this moment. It also could be that I am avoiding doing other, more productive activities...

Fact#2: Text conversation I had with my sister Katie on October 30.
K: What did you dress up as?
J: What?
K: For halloween....
J: I'm not dressing up. We're not going anywhere that I'd need to.
K: What about to hand out candy
J: We're going over to seth's parents house.
K: Why wouldn't you just dress up then?
J: Because it's not a costume party, it's just his family and I don't want to
K: You can still dress up...
J: Dude, let it go. I'm not dressing up. Now quit texting me I'm trying to go to sleep.
Sorry for being so snappy Katie.

Fact#3: Zero decorations. Unless you count the candy corn bowl of stale candy corn that sat on our coffee table for the month of October. (which you can kind of see on the right of the picture below)

Fact#4: I did not help carve the pumpkin. The pumpkin we bought at the very last possible minute. As in on the 30th. At night. From the Food Lion. I just watched Seth do it.

Fact#5 He carved it to look like this:
An apathetic face if I've ever seen one.

Conclusion: I was slightly more apathetic than Seth about celebrating Halloween, but neither of us were very celebratory.

Let's hope we can rouse our spirits in time for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment