Thursday, May 5, 2011

Our Baby

I keep warning Seth that our baby is going to be fat and bald and not that cute, because that's how I looked as a baby.
Seth just laughs at me because he was a cute little baby. And he had hair.
See?
Awww. So precious.
Now let's take a look at me.
Yikes!
Wow. Good thing I grew up to be good looking. (Right? Right?)
Check out those huge double chins. 
If you look at these pictures side-by-side it looks like I am going to eat Seth up.

(This is where I spent a while figuring out how to put the pictures side-by-side and when I finally managed to do it, I accidentally got rid of it. And I don't have the patience to do it again for you. So just imagine it...)

So it's a legitimate concern of mine that my baby will be not so cute. And I'll be so consumed with new baby love I won't even realize it, and then I'll be all "Oh, isn't my baby the cutest baby in the whole wide world?" and then everyone will feel sorry for me and my not-cute baby.
Please, please baby: take after Seth.

P.S. Can you guess which one I am?
I'm in pink.
I wouldn't be able to tell either, actually, except that I know I ALWAYS wore pink as a child.

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky was frightened of having an ugly baby. She told me. Constantly. I think it was right up until the moment she had her.

    By the way, baldness is not ugly on a baby. Actually to be honest I thought all babies were bald until about two weeks before Chloe came...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brother's little girls don't seem to be able to grow hair until they are nearly two years old. However, they are still cute as can be. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES!!! I totally guessed which one was you before I scrolled down! And then you mentioned the pink thing, and I thought "oh yeah, I seem to remember hearing that before." I am so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The delusion must extend to family because I remember thinking that you and your sister were cute. Of course, maybe I was just brainwashed by my mom and yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha. I like how you set that up. "Now lets take a look at me. Yikes!" I was gonna comment on the toolson double chin appearing early but you got it (I was all over that too). good post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was the only one who seemed to think my son was ugly when he was born. He came out too fast and bruised his face, plus he had those little baby zits they get, and he had a cross-eyed thing going on. Don't worry, he fattened up and got a personality. Once they have a personality they're always cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you were to name her Angelica then she would have to be cute. Because all babies named Angelica turn out cute.

    Question: did your parents ever give you baths at the same time and then mix you up without the color labels? And if so how do you know that you are actually Janette?

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mom painted my toenails red for most of my early life. But she says she could tell us apart after a few days. My dad on the other hand...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just discovered your blog! I'm so excited! I am sad I didn't know about your blog before today bc it's so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I told Davids mom that he was ugly as a baby and that i didn't want one that looked like he did. she didn't take it so well. im sure you wont know if you're baby is ugly either and they usually turn out much cuter after several months.

    ReplyDelete