Tuesday, September 13, 2011

2 Months

I have a 2 month old.
Let's talk about it.
She is getting very chunky. You can't see it that well in this picture, but there is a permanent double chin now in addition to her muffin top and thunder thighs.
Goodbye neck. See you in several months.
She's figured out how to smile and does it fairly constantly. She's a happy girl.
Her favorite thing to smile at is when we yawn loudly. Luckily (?) I am tired all the time so she gets to enjoy it often.
No laughing yet except for this one time when Seth and I were trying to change her diaper (messy diaper + flailing legs = mayhem). I think she was enjoying our panic. I don't care to repeat this experience to get her to laugh again.
Sometimes she giggles in her sleep and I wish desperately that I could know what she's dreaming about.
I guess I play with her a little more now (if you call sitting on the couch and yawning at her "playing") but for the most part she still spends the majority of her time sleeping and eating.
I told Seth I wished people judged me with the same criteria they judge T. For example: "Wow Janette! You are holding your head up so well! Hardly any bobbing at all, good job!" And I would feel great about myself all the time.
I am no longer afraid to run errands with her by myself. My new favorite activity is getting compliments from people about my adorable baby.

Now stop growing up T. I just want to be able to carry you around in my arms for the rest of my life, ok? Ok.

8 comments:

  1. That smile is the cutest thing I have ever seen! I wish I could see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that smile too!! awww, good job janette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just showed Nephi these pictures and I still can't get over that cute smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you should teach her to like the same foods and activies as me. that way well have something to bond over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good looking girl! :) Good to hear she is happy. Maybe you should teach her to say "okay" first, so she could agree with your wish.

    ___
    call Australia

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is getting very big :) It's probably sad though..wish they could stay tiny forever too :)

    ReplyDelete