Thursday, April 19, 2012

Big News

So Seth got a job!

It's in Fayetteville.

Which means we have to move from Raleigh.

Which makes me sad.

Because all of Seth's family is here and we've really enjoyed being so close.

But Fayetteville is only an hour and a half away! It's still on the East Coast, still in North Carolina!

But I'm also sad because my sister Amanda is moving to Raleigh a month after I move. And that would have been really fun.

But we are so lucky that Seth was able to find a well-paying job right out of grad school!

And it's a company he loves and is actually a mechanical engineering job! (His current job is computer programming.)

I started doing some research on where to live and everything I've seen says "Fayetteville is the worst! Don't move here! It's the armpit of North Carolina!"

I am really scared now.

But I found an adorable house to rent in a decent part of town. And it has three bedrooms! No more one-bedroom apartment and no more wheeling T in her little travel crib out into the hallway to sleep every night!

But we have to move to Fayetteville.

But Seth has a job! A well-paying job right out of grad school in a field he loves with a company he likes that is still within easy driving distance of all our East Coast family! And I am very happy to start this next phase of our lives.

But I keep going back and forth between excitement and sadness.

Can you tell?

4 comments:

  1. This is great! It is such a relief to have a job, and Fayetteville really isn't that far away. We'll still see you lots. And you'll still see Amanda lots as well. It will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee!! Glad you found an awesome place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend just moved to F'ville and hated it, but she's found her niche there. You just have to look around. I visit her often and she's found a neat place to live and hang out. And great parks!

    ReplyDelete