Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Chore Time

This is why you have children.
I'll never have to do the dishes again!
When I was younger I actually thought one of the major reasons parents had kids was so they could get them to do the household chores.

For real.

Now I realize that putting my body through 9 months of misery, years and years of little to no sleep, almost zero personal time for myself, and thousands and thousands of dollars spent on their needs and wants, all so I don't have to do the dishes a couple of times a week is actually not that brilliant of a plan.
I'm gonna get as much dishwasher-emptying out of this girl as I can.

3 comments:

  1. Better add in the fact that with many kids, it ends up being just as much work to get them to empty the dishwasher as it would be if you just did it yourself! Oh, the silly things we think when we are young!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I love this post! I also love your color me mine bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought of you yesterday in church... when Hannah dropped her entire bag of pretzels on the bench and they went all over, I quickly sent my boys scrambling to collect them all. So the reason we have multiple children is so they can crawl under the pew at church to clean up the babies messes!

    ReplyDelete