Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Nine Months

Here are some many highlights of being 9 months old.
I am dreading the day your chunky legs and cheeks thin out. I cannot go out to the store without one or two people commenting on how cute that or your big eyes are.
You did NOT appreciate me trying to take pictures of you. You need to be moving, constantly. You started crawling just a couple of weeks ago and already you are very fast. I have to watch you a lot more closely now - I quickly discovered you like electrical sockets.
Your favorite time of day is when Dad comes home and plays with you. You laugh a lot more now.
You also love to stand up. Especially the coffee table, because mom hasn't yet figured out where to put all the magazines/papers/food she leaves on top of it and you have lots of things to pull off and play with.
Your favorite thing is books. You like to pull them out and turn the pages, multiple times a day. I read to you before naps and bedtime. I can only get board books at the library now since you're a little too enthusiastic about turning the pages. Your absolute favorite book is Pat the Bunny.
Still no teeth.
You actually like to eat now - thank goodness - and your favorite thing to eat are pretzel sticks. I only let you eat them once in a great while because...
...you are not a neat eater in the least.
We taught you how to give kisses, and half the time you will open your mouth big and lick our cheeks (your version of a kiss). The other half you headbutt us, so asking for a kiss is always a dangerous proposition.
You are getting more and more fun and I am really enjoying this season of life with you right now.

6 comments:

  1. She does have really pretty eyes. I hope one day I'll have a baby with big brown eyes too. And I think I'm in love with her little cheeks in the pic of her with the giraffe! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love! Especially the one where she's eating a pretzel and has a leg warmer and sock on just one side. haha. And I love the family pic. all in yellow. I think I may copy you with B's version of that dress in green. Sometimes I think about T and laugh to myself because she is hilarious. (fyi I deleted that last comment b/c I forgot to just put T)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love updates. I think I check more than 3 times now a day just to see if you update. I like to show grandpa your videos of t

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh ps that family picture looks good--of all of you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!!! Grand kids are the BEST

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures! My favorite is the one where's she sitting next to the giraffe and frowning. I laugh every time I see that one...

    ReplyDelete