Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Beach

Yesterday I took T to the beach for the first time in her life.
This is how she felt about being dipped in the ocean:
Yeah. She screamed bloody murder if I so much as tried to get her close to that water.
I thought the whole thing was hilarious but I'm thinking everyone else at the beach probably thought I was a terrible mother for laughing at her screams of terror.
I continued with the good mothering by allowing her to chew on seashells.
She did somewhat enjoy sitting in the sand and playing with the shovel and bucket I got for her, but ultimately the best part of the trip for her was sitting on a clean towel and eating goldfish and not doing anything remotely beach-like.

5 comments:

  1. Hilarious! E did the same thing, at the age if three! Just looking at the water made her scream bloody murder. Next time you go let me know. We are free for the next seven weeks! Her hair is getting so long! I bet it's longer than H's in the back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughing so hard! She takes after her grandmother. I really don't enjoy the beach.

    In that final picture, T is making an expression very Seth-ish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AS I recall, her mother isn't much of a beach/water person either...

    I'm hoping you and Amanda and families can join us for a day at Topsail Beach the week before Labor Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. laughing....oh my gosh, what a great update

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahaha! this kid is adorable! :D

    ReplyDelete