Thursday, December 20, 2012

Books: 2012

This is almost embarrassing for me to post. I did a terrible job at reading this year. I also did a terrible job at keeping track of the books I read, so maybe there were a couple I missed? Although if I can't recollect them at all I'm thinking they were probably not that good. 
Oh well. Here's to next year. 

Fantastic
1. The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
2. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
3. The Poisoner's Handbook by Deborah Blum
4. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
5. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

Great
6. The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
7. Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
8. Dracula by Bram Stoker

Good
9. The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
10. Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
11. Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka

Fine
12. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
13. Grimm's Fairy Tales by Wilhelm and Jacob Grimm
14. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett

Meh
15. The Client by John Grisham
16. Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain. (Does this make me a terrible person for not liking a classic? I couldn't even finish it.)

I am currently reading Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and it is really good. 
On my to read list I have Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. 
Any other recommendations?

6 comments:

  1. I'm impressed - Gone with the Wind and the Three Musketeers are LONG. I think I read like 5 books this year...maybe. Well, 5 fun books, anyway.

    I think you should read this book next year: http://www.amazon.com/The-Betsy-Tacy-Treasury-First-Books/dp/0062095870/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356055730&sr=8-1&keywords=betsy-tacy

    Actually it's four books, and they're all fairly short. But then there are like 8 more afterwards, and they're all awesome. I am obsessed with the Betsy-Tacy series. If you haven't read them, 2013 is the year to start...and maybe not finish, because having a baby probably takes up a lot of time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I am seriously impressed. Those are some heavy books. And, my reading list was not as long as I would have liked this year either- let's blame it on the babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Rachel on the impressiveness of these books. But this also doesn't surprise me since I know you and I know you read fast and a lot. You were my inspiration for reading whenever I didn't want to..haha. And I can't believe you put Brave New World in just "fine" We definitely have different tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson. Best fantasy series I've ever read. Or at least make Seth read it he would love it too.

    ReplyDelete