Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sheets: A Rant

The absolute number one argument in our house by far is how to arrange the sheets on our bed.
BY FAR.

I like them tucked in, straight as a pin, all the top and side edges matching up exactly, and I do not move at night. The sheets (when I'm alone) look exactly the same in the morning save for a slight rise in the blanket where I was laying.

Seth, on the other hand, tosses and turns all night. He has the odd quirk of only rolling in one direction - away from me. Thus I end up with no sheets. He pulls the top sheet out farther than the rest of the blankets and bunches it up over the top. He refuses to have anything tucked in anywhere. And he does most of this because his number one issue with the sheets is that he cannot have any pressure on his toes.
Seriously. The weight of the blanket hanging off the end of the bed is too much for him. So he kicks it all up and ruins everything.

I have been threatening to buy separate sheets - and on my most irritated nights, separate beds - since the day we got married.
Seth just tells me to buy wooden clogs for him to sleep in, but I just know I will get kicked with those things.

I think I have finally found the solution, however, and I'm so excited that such a thing exists I had to write a whole blog post about it.
Check it out:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am about 90% sure I will be buying this.

8 comments:

  1. I don't use a flat sheet for this exact reason, hahha! I hate the pressure on my toes- weird, huh! - betina

    ReplyDelete
  2. On a random gift guide list - I think it was titled Ridiculous Gifts to Give or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had the same argument. I eventually gave up. I haven't put a flat sheet on our bed in like 4 years. We each have our own blankets, and then put the quilt over both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the solution! I'm the same way, but I also, like you, hate having my sheets so freely around me when I like to toss at the same time. So I put the sheets on and either pull at them then or on my first time under the sheets, I pull and stretch on the sheets at the end. They remain tucked in but loose enough for my feet to stick straight up. I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can provide a demonstration when you arrive. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the other thing I like to do is put my bed against the wall...a, I can turn away from the wall and stick my feet out and over the sheets when breathing is necessary and even use the sheets as a between leg support or I can turn toward the tucked in side of the wall. such an arrangement could satisfy both parties if seth faced away from the wall and you to it. your tucked in side would deter him from pulling sheets off you! #winwinsituation

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahaha I have never seen anything like this. I would not get a wink of sleep if my feet were exposed like that.

    ReplyDelete