Sunday, April 6, 2014

The Caterpillar

Last week was really nice so we spent a lot of time in our backyard.
One day T was playing across the yard and I was sitting on the back porch steps watching her when she suddenly started screaming at the top of her lungs and running towards me. I thought she had hurt herself, she was screaming so loud.
She hadn't. When I asked her what was wrong, she said there was a caterpillar coming to get her.
I am a mean mother, so I laughed at her. I stood up and went to inspect where she was playing, hoping I could get a picture of the "scary caterpillar" so I could write up a funny story about it. 
Yeah, this is what I saw when I walked over there:
Definitely not a caterpillar. Definitely a snake. 
Sorry for laughing at you T. I would have been screaming too.

4 comments:

  1. AAAAAAAAAH!
    Now are you all hiding inside your house the rest of the year?
    What kind of a snake was it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy - I think it was a black racer. Harmless as long as you leave them alone. Which we certainly did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaahahaha oh that made me laugh so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!!! I would have died. That is so, so, so funny.

    ReplyDelete