Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Celebrations

Just a post to say, Happy Canada Day!
Just kidding. It's Seth's birthday.
I wasn't sure what I was going to write about, but then Seth got a lovely card in the mail from his mother.
Very appropriate for a 29-year old, yes?
"Dear Seth, Since you criticized my ripped piece of paper last year, I got you a dorky card this year. Feel better? I hope now you feel like I love you enough to send you a birthday card. Love, your mom.
P.S. I actually liked the ripped piece of paper better."
Yes, she did send him a ripped-off piece of paper with "Happy Birthday" scrawled on it along with his birthday money last year. (It is for these reasons that I love my mother-in-law.)
And so, since I can't top the birthday card, I'm not even going to try.
Happy Birthday Seth! We love you!

3 comments:

  1. Dude, your mother-in-law is awesome. Best. Card. Ever. Haha. Tell Seth happy birthday for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your post! I feel like a celebrity! I am awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. That typewriter t-shirt has got to go. I wish I would have given Seth a new shirt for his birthday.

    ReplyDelete