Thursday, August 28, 2014

Gatlinburg Trip: Part 2

We always referred to this as the Gatlinburg trip, even though we never actually went to Gatlinburg. We should have called it the Pigeon Forge trip, because we went to both the Dixie Stampede and Dollywood, which are in Pigeon Forge.
I got exactly zero pictures of the Dixie Stampede, so you'll just have to take my word for it that the girls loved it. It's like a rodeo, but classier, and they serve you dinner.  And there were no utensils. You ate everything with your hands. H liked that. T used the contraband fork and spoon I smuggled in.
The next day we went to Dollywood. I guess none of us checked the weather when planning this trip because it was pouring when we got there.
This necessitated ponchos, which the girls just loved wearing.
On the plus side, there was barely anyone there and the rain stopped after a few hours.
They rode the carousel about six dozen times and most of the rest of the kiddie rides at least two or three times. AND LOVED IT.
In the end though, this was H's favorite activity for the day: jumping in puddles.
T even went on a ride that drops you straight down and loved it so much she went on it three more times, much to all of our surprise.
Needless to say, they got a little wiped out with all the activity.
So, successful outing in spite of the rain. Until next time, Gatlinburg Pigeon Forge.

3 comments:

  1. Looks so fun! I love the girls knocked out in their stroller wearing their ponchos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be in Pigeon Forge next week. I don't think I'll got to Dollywood, though. There are too many other things to do...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read these entries at work and we can access the site but not leave comments! So I wanted to come back and let you know that I also LOVE that picture of the girls sleeping with their heads together in the ponchos! So cute!

    ReplyDelete