Monday, January 12, 2015

Christmas!

Since I haven't blogged anything about Christmas I am writing up a HUGE blog post for pretty much the entire month of December. You're welcome!

I insisted on going and buying a Christmas tree the Saturday after Thanksgiving even though we had only gotten back from Raleigh late the night before and our house was a disaster. But Thanksgiving was done and that meant I was free to unleash my Christmas frenzy, and unleash it I did. We did everything Christmas that weekend.
We went to a Christmas tree lot where they still let you cut down your own tree.
The girls "helped" carry the tree out of the lot.
Then they "helped" me decorate the house.
Then they "helped" me bake cookies.
Then they "helped" themselves to a few without my permission.
The girls got an insane amount of stuff. I am never buying anything for them ever again. Tessa keeps asking when we are going to open more Christmas presents and my answer is "Never." It's not a satisfactory response for her though, because she keeps asking....
We went up to my Dad's house for the week of Christmas and except for being sick, it was wonderful. Highlights include:
Richmond's famous Tacky Lights Tour
Naps with Grandad
Decorating cookies
Spending time with family
More Tacky Lights Tour
More naps
More decorating cookies
More spending time with family
We went up to the Winsors for New Years Eve and Second Christmas and then there was more decorating and more spending time with family. (And more presents!)
There was also a Nativity play!
And by play, I mean dressing all the kids up for a quick (terrible) picture and not acting anything out.
Which is about as much as you can hope for with six kids who are more interested in decorating the gingerbread houses with CANDY.
Oh, and Tessa still wishes me a Merry Christmas before nap time everyday even though it's the middle of January.
THE END. Again I say, you're welcome!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, the pictures!! Its my goal to make it out and spend time with you and the kids this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an awesome time. Love Christmas with crazy kids.

    ReplyDelete