Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Spiders

When we first rented our little home it was uninhabited and thus, a sanctuary for bugs and spiders. There were several openings that they could get through, and it was scary to walk around in here. You never knew what you were going to run into.

Then we took over their turf and destroyed them all.
Except for one species. The wolf spider. They still keep showing up, much to my chagrin.
And these suckers are big.
And I scream every single time I see one.

Actually, I never notice them first, it always seems to be Seth that finds them.
He tries to be subtle and get the vacuum cleaner without me noticing, but seriously? We live in the tiniest little house on the planet.
So when I notice him stealthily going for the vacuum cleaner my eyes start roving around the floor, searching until I can locate it.
And then I scream. Every single time.
And then Seth jumps. Every single time. 
He jumps because he thinks it's chasing after him when I scream.

I think this may be why he doesn't like for me to notice the wolf spiders.

6 comments:

  1. We get lots of those too! I hate those suckers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, I would scream too. those suckers are big. and hairy, *shiver*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to be over sometime during this process. It must be hysterical to watch:)

    ps Janette, if you didn't know poli=Angelica. Long story- I'll tell you sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't tell Adam that you kill wolf spiders. He loves them and it would make him sad. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remember that plastic wolf spider that David has? He loves to place it all over the house to scare me. Remember the time I thought he has placed it by the light and I just laughed until it started moving--then I started screaming. I hate wolf spider. You can't smash them because there's too much to smash--eewwwwwwww!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wolf spiders, Provo, and tiny apartments - oh, the memories I have!

    ReplyDelete