Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Camping in the Smoky Mountains

I survived. 
Although I guess it wasn't too hard, considering we camped at a commercial campground and had clean bathrooms and showers. That, and the fact that we used a blow-up air mattress led Seth to inform me that I was no longer really camping.
A fact I was ok with.

So here is a rundown of what we did:
Note: It seems like a long post because I put up a lot of pictures, mostly to appease my mother. Feel free to scroll through as quickly as you'd like.
Remember the daydream Albert has in the movie Hitch?
Seth doesn't either but he posed perfectly for it anyway.
This is Seth's Dad's mustang. Great fun to drive on back country roads with.
We hiked to Clingman's Dome...
...the highest point in Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Went to Newfound Gap, followed by visiting Gatlinburg
Visited some waterfalls


Caught a crawfish
Visited an old mill
Visited an old old graveyard that only Seth's Dad knows about. (It pays to be a park ranger's son.)
And thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

2 comments:

  1. looks like fun! I think we have the same tent. Walmart? oh and that crawfish looks like a scorpion...creepy!
    -betina

    ReplyDelete
  2. You left out the fact that from your tent to the bathroom was over 300 steps! You were a really good sport to put up with that!

    ReplyDelete