Thursday, June 2, 2011

Strawberry Picking

Seth and I went strawberry picking last week. Because we are really good decision-makers and carefully think things through beforehand, we waited until
1. the very end of strawberry picking season here when there were hardly any good strawberries left.
2. the temperature had reached into the 90s.
3. I was 8 months pregnant.
I suppose the pregnancy thing can't be helped, though I still think 7-months versus 8-months would have made a difference.
I just can't bend over and squat down like I used to be able to.
A skill I didn't realize could be taken for granted.

We spent about an hour there before I decided we had enough for my purposes - homemade strawberry jam.
Actually the last ten minutes were spent telling Seth to hurry up and let's go. He just couldn't resist picking a few last strawberries to pile on top of his bucket.
He takes his ability to bend over and squat down for granted.

I don't have any pictures of the strawberry jam-making process or the finished results, but Seth and I have almost gone through a whole jar already.

The back pains were so worth it.

2 comments:

  1. YUM! Sounds like so much fun and deliciousness :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous. I love to make homemade strawberry jam, but this year I'm swamped, so It didn't happen. Maybe next year?

    ReplyDelete