Monday, June 20, 2011

Week o' Fun

Last week I went to Buena Vista to visit my twin sister Amanda for a few days. Seth was gone on a Young Men's camping trip and Amanda's husband was gone for a Marines something-or-other, so we decided to get together. My brother David decided he would come along, since he was very bored at my Dad's house in Richmond.

Why he thought hanging out with his two pregnant sisters for the week would be better, I'm not sure.

What we did was sit on the couch a lot and play video games:
I took pictures.

Also we ate a lot, as evidenced by this lovely Facebook status David wrote:
chillin with my two sisters in BV (buena vista)! with two pregnant women and an teenage boy in the house ill be surprised if theres any food left by tommorow night haha
June 13 at 10:41pm ·  · 

I'll be honest, there wasn't much food left.
The most exciting thing we did was the haunted tour of Lexington, which I really did enjoy. But it was two hours of walking up and down the streets of Lexington, and I am 37 weeks pregnant. I was about to die.
I'm sad this picture is blurry. This is our tour guide. He's supposed to be a confederate soldier from the War of Northern Aggression, as he termed it (aka the Civil War). He was nicer than he looks.

Then Amanda and David came down to Raleigh with me for a few days, where we did pretty much exactly the same things. Except instead of a haunted tour, David attempted to play frisbee with us:
He quickly figured out that it was faster for him to run and pick up the frisbee himself when Amanda or I didn't catch it. Which turned out to be quite often (it was so hot and humid out and we are both so pregnant) so it ended up being more like David playing frisbee with himself for about 15 minutes before we all gave up on the idea.

All in all it was a good week. Being lazy is much more fun when you have other people to be lazy with.

3 comments:

  1. hahaha. I can totally see him running to grab the frisbee and going no, no its cool I got it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG This is /such a sweet And funy Post !!1:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete