Thursday, August 22, 2013

Play Kitchen

I had decided to make both a quiet book and a play kitchen for T's 2nd birthday, and I decided this only about three weeks before her actual birthday.

I know. I don't know what I was thinking either.

Obviously I was WAY overestimating my abilities, because her play kitchen was only finished two days ago*. Seth and I have been working on it random evenings and weekends for the past month. We probably could have gotten it done a lot sooner but once the birthday deadline passed we weren't quite so determined to spend all of our free time on it.
*It's actually not completely finished. Seth is still going to add chains to the oven door so T won't break it off - as I have already caught her trying to stand on it a couple of times. But I am counting my part in this officially DONE.
Before: Random piece of furniture we inherited when we first got married.
Getting taken apart and cut down to size.
Don't I look like a natural woodworker? No?
Thankfully Seth is.
Put back together and sanded.
Painted. This is the part that dragged on.
Getting ready to put all the doo-dads on.
After: Fabulous Play Kitchen!
And now I am never making anything else for T.
She loves it though. So I guess it was worth it.

5 comments:

  1. Dude, that's sweet. Like, I kind of want one. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so amazing! I'm quite impressed with your woodworking abilities. You look pretty hot in those goggles, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super awesome! Your next post is a tutorial that is going to go viral on pinterest right....? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I love it! Luckily for me, I do not think A has an interest in a play kitchen, so hopefully I will be spared the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe I haven't praised this, I thought I'd already posted, but I guess not. I will never do this to be honest. Just looking at these pictures got me tired! But you are so wonderful about trying to provide that experience to T. And ps, you look super good in that picture!

    ReplyDelete