Friday, April 2, 2010

My Brain Just Exploded.

Here is the sentence I just read in my assigned reading:
Accordingly, acts of play may be defined as those which are modeled on acts that are "not play," but which are understood not to communicate what would be communicated by these acts if they were performed unplayfully."
Whaaaa???

Sorry for all the short, lame posts I've been doing.
All of my energies are being sucked up by school work.
Wait a couple more weeks, it'll get better. I promise.

And no, even with the context that sentence still doesn't make sense.

2 comments:

  1. In English: it is considered playing when A) the kid is imitating something that is typically "not fun", but more of a chore or a part of daily life; and B) the pretend playing does nothing useful like what they are pretending to do actually would. (ex. playing "house" when you play house you go through a parody of all the motions of keeping house, such as cleaning cooking and taking care of kids, without actually doing any of it)

    ReplyDelete