Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What else? A post about me and the fact that I'm pregnant.

Something happened when I got pregnant. I suddenly forgot everything I've ever heard about pregnancy.
So now, for me, life is like this:
Whaaa? Why do I have to eat so much more now? Wait a minute - this must be because I'm pregnant!
or
I feel like lately I've been so much clumsier....why is that? Hmmm.............Oh hey! Maybe it's because I'm pregnant.
or
I don't understand why I'm yawning when I slept 10 hours last night and took a nap today. What's happening to me?! Oh wait, yeah. I'm pregnant.

Sometimes I feel like I am in the process of making a new medical discovery that I can share with the world about pregnancy before I realize that absolutely everyone already knows these things happen to pregnant women.

Probably also why I feel the need to blog about it all the time.

Sometimes I spend my days coming up with lists in my head like this:
Things I took for granted before I was pregnant:
1. Being able to roll over in bed with minimal effort.
2. Being able to get out of the car with minimal effort.
3. Sleeping through the night.
4. Getting through 3 hours of church without sneaking food for myself.
5. Bending over to put on my socks.

Sometimes I look at pictures of myself pre-pregnancy and wish I could go back in time and tell myself that I shouldn't worry about whether or not I had a flat stomach.
I miss you flat stomach.

3 comments:

  1. I'd tell you something about post-pregnancy stomachs... but... like you said, you'll re-learn it yourself later. So I'll let you do that ;) You really do take sitting up and standing down for granted! But enjoy the babying by Seth while you've got it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "4. Getting through 3 hours of church without sneaking food for myself."

    Don't lie, your probably never did that. Cheerios and goldfish are just too good.

    ReplyDelete