Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Thermostat

So.

Seth has been doing this sneaky thing lately where he will flip the thermostat switch from "heater" to "off" without telling me.

And it is sneaky because the switch has been on "heater" since November. We adjust the temperature to turn the air on or off.

It seems his preferred time of the day to do this is just before he leaves to go do something.
This leaves me sitting at home and freezing for hours, turning the temperature higher and higher and desperately wondering why the heater is not turning on.
Then Seth gets home and he laughingly explains what he did.
I can assure you he is the only one laughing.

Please hurry up and get here summer. I need you before my husband turns me into a popsicle.




P.S. Seth just read this and is offended that I didn't include "why" he is being so sneaky. It's because I maybe possibly might have kind of burned dinner and needed to open the door to let in a little fresh air. 
Twice.
But look, I only had the door open for 10 minutes, tops. 
And I obviously spent the next few hours paying for it. Maybe it's punishment for burning his dinner?

2 comments:

  1. David is always turing the heater off and it drives me crazy too! men.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My problem is Stuart steals my space heater. You should get one. They sell them at wal-mart for fairly cheap and heat a room pretty well so you can keep the heat down. I love mine

    ReplyDelete