Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's Alive

Today, I felt the baby move.
At least, I think so. It may just have been lunch.
Also, it never occurred to me before how odd it is to be pregnant. There is a person living in me. A human being inside of my body. INSIDE of my BODY!! And it POKES me!
I hope I am not the only person to think about this. Or to be weirded out by it.

Tomorrow I will maybe find out whether the baby is a boy or a girl. Then I can finally start using appropriate pronouns instead of "it." 
That would be nice.

I feel the need to add that although I may have thought of this clip almost instantly after I felt the baby move, I do not think of my baby as a Frankenstein/monster.
And, pokes is a funny word when you say it several times in a row.

7 comments:

  1. It's even more fun when you can SEE it move inside you! Hooray for tomorrow and finding out boy or girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is part of the fun! Although, I did always feel like I was in Alien and at any given moment she was going to pop through the skin, but still cool. It does get weirder when you can see it. :) Sometimes the whole thing made me claustrophobic, though. Both for her because she had no room, but for me because of all the things she was squishing. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I refer to my future offspring as little creatures.

    Im excited to know the sex!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That clip is one of the many reasons you and Seth are perfect for each other. And why your children will be expert eyebrow-raisers and eye-rollers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Instead of a monster, it may be beneficial to think of your baby as some sort of parasitic worm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your supposed to text your mother the instant these things happen. I NEED a moment by moment commentary on these things. Such a cool thing to feel the baby. Now think of twins moving in different ways one on the left and one on the right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last comment is from your mother. I just. forgot my password

    ReplyDelete