Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Miracle Berry Party

Seth got some Miracle Berry tablets for Christmas that he has been dying to try out.
Miracle Berry tablets (for everyone who is not totally trendy, hip and in-the-know like Seth and I always are) are little pills that alter the way your taste buds work. They change sour/bitter flavors to sweet. See the explanation here.
So we called up the family and invited them to partake.
And I will let you know that while passing out everyone's pill, jokes were made about LSD parties. It was inevitable.
These are the items we decided to test. 
1. Apple juice.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar. Only Adam tried this and declared it terrible, so no one else ventured to test it.
3. Pickles. My 2nd favorite transformation. I actually liked them.
4. Salt and Vinegar chips. 
5. Craisins.
6. Blueberries. 
7. Sour Gummi-worms. My 1st favorite transformation, since I hate sour candy and I love gummi-worms.
8. Mandarin oranges. Much sweeter than normal.
9. Apple Cranberry juice. Oddly made it seem not as tasty.
10. More apple cider vinegar.
11. Lime juice. I took a big swig and realized it was still very potent, despite the lack of tartness. 
12. Molasses. Made me consider actually liking molasses.
13. Seltzer water. Seth was hoping it would change the taste to something like Sprite. It didn't. Anyone in Raleigh want an almost full bottle of Seltzer water? 
14. Lemon juice.
15. Fresca. Still yummy, but in a weird way.
We also had:
16. Lemons. The biggest change in taste according to Seth and I. 
17. Grapefruit. Seth's favorite.
18. Granny Smith apple. 
We almost got E to drink some pure lemon juice, but she got stage fright when Rachel and I whipped out our cameras to catch her expression on film. Oh wells. She tried it later when there were no cameras around, claiming it was delicious in spite of her eye twitching.
Overall, we declared it a success. 
I must say that since I have been married to Seth, I do a lot of things I never thought I would do.
Or actually even realized I could do.

2 comments:

  1. I totally saw those special berries on the tyra show (lame I know.) ha. I didn't know they actually worked. Looks fun and it makes me wanna try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can use seltzer water to clean stains out of carpet and other material. It bubbles the stain up to the surface so you can dab it away.

    ReplyDelete