Saturday, July 7, 2012

Garden

One of the things Seth and I were most excited about when we moved to a house was getting a backyard and being able to have a garden.
Ta-Da!
We are not skilled gardeners at all so I'm a little surprised most of our plants are still alive, especially considering we got started on it a little late. We cheated with some - we bought tomato, zucchini, pepper, rosemary and cilantro plants at Home Depot. We did seeds for lettuce, carrots and green beans.
So far the zucchini are winning. They are going to take over I think. 
The beans also surprisingly grew and flourished from their seeds, but they might not last considering we have some hungry caterpillars who are also very excited about the growth of the beans. You can see the damage they've inflicted.
Everything else has not really grown or done anything, so to make myself feel better about my gardening skills I remind myself that at least everything is doing better than our cilantro. 

It died the day after we planted it. Wop-wop.
If I'm able to get even one vegetable from this garden, then I'm counting it as a success. Green thumb, here I come!

2 comments:

  1. Did you find some kind of lettuce that was good for the summer? I thought lettuce was a cool-weather crop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope...I'm guessing that's why our lettuce seeds haven't sprouted yet haha.

    ReplyDelete